Thursday 5 October 2017

I WAS BLIND, NOW I SEE

This is the testimony of a young man born blind who got his sight when Jesus ministered to him. The authorities of his day found fault and offense with Jesus and considered Jesus a sinner and as such could not have healed with God’s power. But the young man had a different impression about their view and do not accept to be intimidated to believe this label (that Jesus was as sinner).

23 Therefore his parents said, “He is of age; ask him.”24 So they again called the man who was blind, and said to him, “Give God the glory! We know that this Man is a sinner.”25 He answered and said, “Whether He is a sinner or not I do not know. One thing I know: that though I was blind, now I see.”26 Then they said to him again, “What did He do to you? How did He open your eyes?”27 He answered them, “I told you already, and you did not listen. Why do you want to hear it again? Do you also want to become His disciples?”John 9:23-27


Of late in my church denomination, we have this prayer line that has become a common prayer in our prayer meetings. The prayer line goes like this and I quote: “Father, give all our new converts and new members a testimony of once I was blind and now I can see so they can be established both in faith and in the church”
The truth remains that when someone has a personal experience and discovery of God; it becomes difficult and almost impossible to make such one believe otherwise. This was exactly what happened in the case of this young man, he became so certain that Jesus is a Messiah and what could change his understanding of Jesus as such. His personal experience of the power of Jesus, do not only embolden but made him and instant disciple. He asked the people “do you people want to be His disciples? That’s boldness.

Personal testimonies or personal discovery of God is a very cheap tool in establishment of souls, it do not only establish but also gives a young believers reason to defend their new found faith and silence those that make mockery of them. Sharing becomes easy when you have something about yourself to say; you do not just tell stories but experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment